Thursday, March 29, 2012

Forgiveness

This morning I woke up, and like we always do, me and my husband came before God in prayer asking Him to forgive us and to renew His compassion upon us this morning...

Lamentations 3:21-23 "Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed,for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Isaiah 33:2 "LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress." Psalm143:8 "Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life."

While I was driving to school I stopped at the word forgive... I am asking God to forgive me, when I cannot forgive my friend (or enemy). 
    Matthew 6:14-16 
    For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

  I have heard this verse in church oh so many times and I even read it so many more times. But I never really thought about it, I never reflected on it. I have so many people around me that hurt me and I don't have the strength to forgive and forget what they have done to me. It's almost like I love holding on to this anger, to this hatred, or I enjoy being upset and offended. I do not know if this is part of my culture (because Romanians get very easily offended and easily upset...) and I learned to grow up with it, in it, that it got to this point now that I have it. I am referring to it as it's a disease that it's spreading around the Romanian community. Maybe it is a "Romanian thing" to get upset and unforgiving and unforgetful, which means to me that the disease was passed among other Americans or people around the world that like to get easily offended.
I don't think it's a Romanian thing after all, but it should DEFINITELY NOT be a "Christian thing."
I have seen many Christians, including myself getting easily offended and holding the grudge for so long. This gets us so unhappy, and once the peace is coming we are still grieving after that sadness and madness. We love being unhappy, we love unforgiveness but this is not what Jesus is teaching us!!! The bible is full with forgiveness, with grace, and mercy. So today I am learning how to forgive and forget. Every morning I have another battle that I have to bring it before Him and ask Him to help me be VICTORIOUS. My battle is to try and be humble, to be able to fight.."For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."Ephesians 6:12
 This verse summarizes everything. We need to forgive other people like Jesus is forgiving us because we do not fight against them but against the evil spirits that are here.







Psalmii 143:8 Fă-mă să aud dis-de-dimineaţă bunătatea Ta, căci mă încred în Tine. Arată-mi calea pe care trebuie să umblu, căci la Tine îmi înalţ sufletul.

No comments: